Male and female college students in library Male and female college students in library


Why does my child need a guardian?

A guardian is a responsible adult resident in the UK, who can provide support and guidance for students whose parents live overseas. UK boarding schools require a UK guardian to be appointed for international students to ensure their safety in the event of an emergency. A.S. Guardians provide expertly trained guardians to fulfil this role.

What experience do you have of safeguarding children?

Our Lead Educational Guardian and Designated Safeguarding Lead has previous experience of over 20 years as a teacher, senior leader, and Head teacher in the UK and abroad. She currently leads safeguarding at a top 10 ranked UK university.

Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is a current Headteacher and has over 20 years' experience as a teacher, senior leader and education consultant both in the UK and overseas.

What arrangements will be made for meeting my child at the airport?

Our team will ensure that suitable arrangements are made for your child to be welcomed at the airport by a fully vetted, professional driver, and accompanied to their school or university.

Who will take care of my child should they become ill?

All schools have a medical centre with a dedicated matron or school nurse to care for your child’s needs on a day-to-day basis.

Your child will also register with the school’s local National Health Service (NHS) doctor’s surgery. In case of illness that requires a doctor’s support, your child’s school will arrange for them to see their local doctor. In the event of more serious illness or injury, your child will be able to access the local hospital for further care. In cases of serious illness or injury, we will keep you informed of your child’s health and provide regular updates.

What happens if there is an emergency at the school and my child needs somewhere to stay?

We can arrange emergency accommodation for your child to cover any eventuality. We will place your child in one of our host families or in suitable boarding school accommodation.

How does the emergency 24/7 support work?

A.S. Guardians can be contacted 24/7 for emergencies. All relevant contact numbers will be provided to you, your child, the school and the host family.

What is the contract notice period if I want to end the contract?

We require a full term’s notice in writing to end the guardianship contract. Please send your notification to terminate the contract to the office email address: